The Network Calculus Book
The Network Calculus book by Jean-Yves Le Boudec and Patrick Thiran is
available for free download:
The book is also available as Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes
on Computer Science number 2050.
The source files are available here.
What is Network Calculus ?
Network Calculus is a collection of results based primarily on min-plus algebra, which
applies to deterministic queuing systems found in communication networks.
be used to understand:
- what is a T-SPEC or arrival curve constraint;
- how to compute delay and backlog bounds in deterministic or time sensitive networks;
re-shaping delays can be ignored in shapers or spacer-controllers;
common model for schedulers;
- "A Short Introduction to Network Calculus", pdf, IMAG, Grenoble, Nov 12, 2019,
- "A Long Introduction to Network Calculus", pdf, video, Dagstuhl Seminar on Analysis, Design, and Control of Predictable Interconnected Systems, March 4 and EPFL April 5, 2019,
- A Short Course (2 to 3 hours) ppt pdf
- EPFL Doctoral School 2005 click here
- Pisa July 2003 click
June 2002 ppt pdf
May 2001 (systems theory aspects) ppt pdf
You may use the pdf and the source files under the Attribution-NonCommercial-Sharealike license, i.e. you may re-use, re-mix and redistribute for non commercial purposes as long as proper credit is given to the original authors and that a similar license is given to others.